Setting up a new email account in Outlook.
This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2016 or Outlook for Office 365.
If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our troubleshooting guides for Outlook 2016 or Office 365.
Note: This guide defaults to IMAP and No SSL.
Replace example.co.za with your domain name
- Launch Outlook
- Select File on the top left menu bar
- Select the Add Account button in the middle of the screen, then Account Settings
- Insert your email address
- Select Advanced options, then select Let me setup my account manually > Connect
- This temporary screen will display
- This screen will display the various account options – select IMAP (or POP)
- Click Connect
- You will now be prompted for the password
- Your setup is complete!